Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a Public-Sector organisation in Yorkshire to recruit an Interim Category Manager. It will initially be for three months however is likely to be extended due to a number of projects that will arise over the upcoming months.
- Able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive, or contentious information where there may be barriers to communication or a requirement to achieve agreement, cooperation or provide reassurance.
- Skills in category management and full end to end procurement lifecycle from identification of need, drafting of tender documentation through to contract award
- Present complex, sensitive or contentious procurement information to large groups or differing stakeholder groups where challenge or resistance may exist e.g. formal presentations, representation at formal meetings
- Ability to build and maintain a variety of constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Possess an oversight of quality for Procurement Activity
- Report directly to the Associate Director of Procurement whilst managing a small team
- Excellent ability to exercise high levels of procurement diligence when assessing or preparing procurement documentation, especially when information is received from a variety of sources and may be conflicting
- Educated to post graduate level or equivalent level of knowledge of working at a similar level in procurement
- Specialist knowledge across a range of procedures and practices which require expertise within procurement underpinned by theoretical or practical procurement knowledge or experience
- Previous general goods purchasing experience would be advantageous
- Experience using Oracle