Head of Operations, Food Manufacturing – Leeds – Competitive Salary + Benefits
Castlefield Recruitment are currently working on an exclusive basis with a specialist Leeds based food manufacturing business, who are embarking on an exciting period of expansion and growth. They are looking to identify a high calibre Head of Operations to join their management team.
The Head of Operations position is a key role within the business and will play a major role in the ongoing growth and success of the business. It will hold responsibility for driving improvement and maximising performance across their Factory Operations – overseeing manufacturing, engineering, warehousing, logistics and product development functions.
Responsibilities will include;
- Overall responsibility for the performance and efficiency of all manufacturing, engineering, warehousing, logistics and product development/quality functions
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of short, medium and long term operational and strategic plans and budgets
- Develop and own a long term operations strategy to ensure that there are robust plans in place to support the overall business strategy
- Drive all Six Sigma and Lean activities
- Lead the team with a focus on delivering low cost manufacturing, yield and cost control, which will involve maximising performance and optimising costs
- Drive the Health & Safety agenda through the team
- Direct and challenge the team on all aspects of safety and quality
- Lead and develop direct reports and the wider Operations Team
- Review and assess supply preparation for both new product initiatives and current business
- Develop relationships with key external stakeholders and partners
The successful candidate will have:
- An operations/food manufacturing/factory background and will have successfully managed and led sizeable teams
- Core operational experience from a manufacturing background where you have experienced organisational change
- Demonstrable skills in the optimisation of costs (e.g. best practice / Lean techniques / Six Sigma)
- Well-versed in the management of core operational KPI’s
- Excellent leadership skills; someone who can inspire teams and develop individuals
- Professional experience controlling budgets, with responsibility for P&L.
To apply for the above position please use the link provided, visit the Castlefield website, or contact Chris Oldfield via LinkedIn.