Castlefield Recruitment are working exclusively with a housing association based on the outskirts of Manchester in order to recruit an accountant on an interim basis. There have been a lot of changes in the organisation recently including a move to a modern office and a
Restructure which has led to this urgent requirement.
As an accountant you will be heavily involved in key financial accounting activates whilst conducting a great deal of analysis on accounts. You will also be involved in treasury management.
Duties will include;
· The accurate and timely production of all balance sheet reconciliation
• Responsibility for the accurate and timely production of financial statements in accordance with Housing SORP
• Analysing major variances between actual and budget
• Ensures accuracy of monthly management accounts
• Reporting information of development KPIs
• Work alongside the Finance Manager to produce statutory accounts
• Recording and management of the fixed assets on the asset management system and in the accounts
The successful candidate will:
· Immediately available or available at short notice
· Have a background in financial accounting and analysis
· Hold a relevant accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or QBE
· Have experience with project management