Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a prestigious Financial Services organisation, based in Central Leeds, who are looking to identify a high calibre Senior Financial Accountant to join their team on a 15 month maternity cover.
The company is based in modern offices and within easy access of Leeds Train Station and road/bus network.
They offer a fantastic staff benefits package including; bonus, health insurance and a generous pension and holiday entitlement.
The Senior Financial Accountant position plays a key role in the Finance Team, with responsibilities for managing; a small Financial Accounting Team, production of annual accounts and financial controls within the organisation.
- Manage the process for the timely production of the Annual Report and Accounts, including liaison with external auditors and assurance of compliance with relevant legislation and accounting standards
- Control and maintenance of the financial control framework of the organisation, including; maintenance of the Policies and Procedures Manual, ownership of balance sheet reconciliations, monitoring of management controls and management of the relationship with Internal Audit
- Manage the financial accounting operations of the organisation, including the posting of accounting transactions, the production of a financial accounting month-end and provision of financial information to stakeholders
- Manage the engagement with the organisation's Investment Team
- Manage the VAT process to include production of VAT returns, reconciliation of VAT amounts and maintenance of records
- Complete Income and Corporation Tax returns as required
- Initiate and lead financial projects as required
- Manage the Financial Accounts Team - providing staff development and engagement
This role would suit a:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who has experience of Financial Accounts preparation - ideally within a complex Financial Services environment
- Experience of managing/leading staff
- Positive and forward thinking outlook
To apply for the position please use the link provided, visit the Castlefield website, or contact Chris Oldfield via LinkedIn