Castlefield Recruitment are working with a market leading housing association based in Sale in order to recruit a Ledger team manager. This housing association has taken the lead in commercialising the sector, taking advantage of joint ventures with private construction firms across the country. They have also developed a JV with a London based housing association which has given them the opportunity to develop a significant amount of new homes in Greater Manchester.
As a ledger team leader you will manage a small team across purchase ledger, sales ledger and cash handling whilst developing relationships with internal stakeholders in order to understand their requirements and ensure services are delivered to meet their needs.
Duties will include;
- Reporting on KPIs that are aligned to customer expectations; drive continuous improvement in the services provided to the Trust
- Developing Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Cash Handling financial procedures that reflect best practice and a robust environment of financial control
- Conducting 1 to 1s and maintaining effective management of a team
- Ensuring controls are in place to mitigate potential risk of fraud, misappropriation and error and continually review to ensure these remain appropriate and effective
- Analysing and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Working in partnership with Trust colleagues to implement and embed effective payment handling systems
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of VAT requirements in relation to invoicing and ensure processes and practices for both Sales and Purchase Ledger meet the legal requirements of HMRC.
The successful candidate will:
- Have team management experience
- Have the drive to develop and upskill staff
- Add to a high performance culture
- Have experience of developing and implementing performance reporting and KPI metric
- Have the ability to implement large change projects with various departments
To apply for the position please use the link provided, contact Jack Barnes via LinkedIn or visit the Castlefield Website.