Rent Assistant - Social Housing - About the Client:
- Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a reputable housing association in the Manchester area who are looking to appoint an Income Assistant for an initial 5-month assignment.
Rent Assistant - Social Housing - About the Role:
- Administration of the rent income system and processes.
- Identify and work with tenants, including vulnerable customers who are falling into rent arrears, identify the reasons for debt, offer advice and negotiate agreements to pay rent and arrears.
- Collect and case manage low level current rent arrears.
- Keeping up to date with welfare benefits and reforms, liaising with Housing Benefits departments, Support Workers and Housing Officers
Rent Assistant - Social Housing - What You Need:
- Previous experience working within a Social Housing environment previously is essential
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working with vulnerable people in adverse social circumstances
- Knowledge of and ability to provide advice on Housing and Welfare Benefits to customers