Voids Surveyor - About the company:
Castlefield Recruitment are working with a well established social housing maintenance contractor who provide repairs and maintenance services to some of the largest housing associations in the UK. They're looking to recruit a Voids Surveyor to cover their North East region.
Voids Surveyor - About the role:
- Carrying out surveys of void and new let residential properties to identify repair works required to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Undertake quality assurance inspections, as required, of completed repair works, identifying shortfalls in statutory and regulatory standards, ensuring further repair works are planned and carried out until standards are met and customer expectations are managed appropriately
- Ensure surveys and quality assurance inspections are arranged via the approved process, meet customer requirements and are in line with team resource plans.
- Record outcomes of quality assurance inspections, escalating via agreed channels, within set timescales and using agreed reporting tools.
- Ensure shortfalls in quality and compliance standards are identified and escalated.
Voids Surveyor - About the person:
- Proven track record of monitoring risk and health and safety compliance and carrying out inspections within a housing environment.
- In-depth understanding of the National Housing Federation (NHF) Schedule of Rates for Building Works.
- Knowledge of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS).
- Knowledge of asbestos, legionella, building regulations, fire regulations, health and safety regulations and carrying out risk assessments within a housing environment.
- Extensive experience in the building industry, ideally working within a customer focussed housing repair and maintenance team.