£24,000 - £27,000
Community Development Officer
Community Development Officer - About The Client:
Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a well-established supported living organisation who are looking to appoint a permanent Community Development Officer based in Manchester or Liverpool.
Community Development Officer - About The Role:
- To lead the organisation’s approach to community development and service user engagement ensuring that service users and stakeholders are given the opportunity to have a say and opportunities to develop.
- Completing ‘Needs Audits’ on Service Users to establish what courses / workshops they would like to attend
- To develop and deliver (or coordinate) workshops for service users on a range of topics running across geographical locations following on from the needs audit.
- To complete ‘Community Action Plans’ for key neighbourhoods, outlining actions and activities for Service Users.
- Networking and developing key partnerships across various locations (targeting social landlords, local authorities, 3rd sector organisations).
Community Development Officer - What You Need:
- Experience of working in a Social Housing or Charity Environment in Community Development and/or Customer Engagement
- Experience of working with members of the public, including managing vulnerable or difficult customers
- Experience of partnership working and developing networks within a community
- Ability to deal with conflict situations in a calm yet firm manner.