£30000 - £30000
Castlefield Recruitment are currently recruiting a Health and Safety Officer for a housing association based in North Manchester. The role is on an initial 12-month contract, paying £30,000 per annum, and offers agile working. The role also offers a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays.
- To provide a full and comprehensive support service to the health and safety service and colleagues employed by the organisation.
- Respond to requests for advice and assistance by telephone, face-to-face with customers, internal colleagues and external organisations
- Develop and assist in the interpretation and implementation of health and safety legislation, codes of practice and guidance.
- Undertake preparation for the Health and Safety Committee Meetings and assist in the preparation of reports, minute taking as necessary.
- Develop and deliver training in health and safety awareness and actively appropriate training programmes.
- Investigate accidents, dangerous occurrences (inc. RIDDOR) and near misses as necessary and ensure that corrective and preventative actions are brought to the attention of the Service Manager/s and Safety Manager
- Assist in report writing following investigations, risk assessments or request for advice.
- NEBOSH General Certificate qualification – ESSENTIAL
- Clean drivers licence – ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of current health and safety procedures and practices.
- Experience of working within a health and safety advisory role
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
and other legislation relevant to the Societies operational activities