£15 - £17
1 month ongoing
The Client – Housing Officer:
We are working with a well established housing association in the Congleton area to recruit a temporary Housing Officer, for a 1 month ongoing contract. This position offers agile working but will require travel within a patch.
The Role – Housing Officer:
- To maximise income by ensuring Housing Benefit and Welfare Benefit take-up, including Universal Credit by raising awareness of entitlement and the process and time scales, thus ensuring claims are put into payment; providing customer support and sign posting them to access services and support that will be required by the customer to sustain their tenancy.
- Accountable for patch profitability, minimising void rent loss, identify cash leakage, working in partnership with colleagues to carry out inspections, property viewings and managing tenancy sign ups and new tenancy visits
- Conduct property inspections with known or suspected vulnerable customers to assess how well they are maintaining their property in accordance to the terms of their tenancy to determine if they are living within a safe and healthy environment and are not putting themselves or others at risk of harm or neglect such as hoarding, property damage, fire risks etc.
The Person – Housing Officer:
- Experience within the housing sector in a housing officer capacity
- Management of housing stock, preferably supported or sheltered housing
- Drivers license and car is essential