8 weeks with possibility of extension
Income Assistant - About The Client:
Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a well-established organisation who are looking to appoint an Income Assistant for a temporary position based in the Manchester area
Income Assistant – Key Responsibilities:
Income and Service Charge work
- The accurate and timely maintenance of rent and council tax accounts.
- The creation of new rent accounts for new tenants and answering all queries on rent and council tax accounts.
- Working with the HIM to issue the yearly rent increase for all tenants, liaising with Housing Managers, Housing Officers, and Customer Services.
- The timely and accurate production of rental invoices and maintenance of the regional summary sheets.
- The HIA along with the HOC is responsible for the monitoring, authorisation and chasing of invoices for service charges and ensures the collection and repayment to support providers.
- Maintains the Service Charge Accrual spreadsheet with accurate information to support year end accruals and answer all questions from external auditors regarding Service Charge Accruals.
- Deal with tenant queries on issues relating to their tenancy, including rent payment, terms of tenancy and housing benefit and council tax queries
- Deals with communications from the Housing Benefit authorities, checking all benefit determinations for accuracy, and monitors rent debtors across each of the regions
- Raise invoices and ensure full payment of these. Maintain contact with tenant’s representatives and make affordable and sustainable agreements with them to clear tenant’s debts
General accounts (Rental) payable and receivable duties
- Main point on contract for all AP matters and provide liaison between teams
Income Assistant – What you need?
- Good time management skills
- Previous experience working within the housing sector
- Credit control experience
- Knowledge of income management