Castlefield Recruitment are working exclusively with a medium sized housing association based in South Manchester in order to recruit a management accountant. The organisation is embarking on an ambitious growth project which will include developing a large number of new homes in the local area. They have a settled team but need a new accountant with experience of working with development teams and appraisals to help manage its projects. The client offers an excellent benefits package including flexi time as well as holiday days well above the average.
In your role as a management accountant you will be responsible for completing monthly accounts as well as producing vital financial information for the development team. You will work closely with a highly regarded head of finance who has a reputation for developing his staff.
Duties will include;
- Producing management accounts and financial analysis of the accounts
- Working with development teams and supporting development programmes through budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Partnering with budget holders in order to ensure they have the right financial information in order to complete projects on time and effectively
- Managing a small team
- Financial modelling to assist in the appraisal of new projects
- Improving and implementing processes and new systems to aid financial management
- Assisting directors and heads of departments in order to support operational and strategic decision making
The successful candidate will:
- Be either fully qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA/CIPFA) or a finalist
- Have experience within property management or housing
- Have experience of service charge accounting or investment appraisals
- Have the gravitas to work with senior members of the organisation
To apply for the position please use the link provided, contact Dave Russell via LinkedIn or visit the Castlefield Website.